Atkin & Son Window Cleaning Contractors & Support Services - Data Protection Statement
The new General Data Protection Regulation 2018 becomes law on
25 th May. In order to comply with the regulation we need to
inform you about what personal data we collect and what we do
Your personal data is information that can be used, either on its own or with other data available, to identify you.
Our administration staff at Atkin & Son Window Cleaning Contractors & Support Services and are classified as a Data Controllers. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data please contact us in whatever way is most convenient for you; please see contact details below.
The types of data we collect and use may include, but is not limited to:- Your name, address, telephone numbers, email address. We will normally acquire this information directly from you but if we obtained that information from somebody else we will normally inform you and ask you to confirm the details are correct, unless we are prevented by law from doing so.
If you are applying to work with us we may also need to know details of your previous employment, health, any convictions or pending legal actions, tax and national insurance numbers, qualifications, driving licence details, bank account details, and any other information pertinent to the post you are applying for.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purpose
We will process your personal data in the following ways:
1. To fulfil the terms of a contract with you,
a) To provide a quotation for our services and decide whether to enter into that contract.
b) To manage and perform that contract, and contact you as necessary in that regard.
c) To update our records
d) To trace your whereabouts regarding any outstanding debts
e) As an employer, to meet our obligations with regard to wages, collection of taxes, upholding employees rights and benefits, health & safety matters, insurance and pension provisions and the like.
2. As necessary for our own legitimate interests in promoting and managing our business
a) For good governance, compliance with regulatory and statutory obligations, financial accounting, managing and auditing our operations.
b) To communicate with you as necessary regarding the provision of services and any payments due in relation to such services.
c) For market research , analysis and developing statistics
d) To send you marketing communications relating to our services.
e) To meet our obligations and duties as an employer.
3. As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g:
a) When you exercise your rights under data protection laws and make requests for information.
b) For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and relative disclosures, collection of taxes, health and safety, and obligations in relation to employment law.
c) For establishment and defence of legal rights
4. Based on your consent e.g.:
a) When you request us to disclose you personal data to other, businesses or organisations, such as other service providers.
b) If we need to undertake security and suitability checks (such as obtaining references or undertaking DBS checks) in relation to employees working with us or obtain insurance cover relating to your employment.
You are free to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time but that may mean that we can’t do certain things for you.
Sharing your personal data
Subject to applicable data protection laws we may share your personal data with:
• Sub contractors, service providers and other persons, businesses or organisations who help us provide our services, payment and donation collection services, email, web-hosting and data back-up services; some of which service providers may transfer your personal data to others for regulatory, compliance and governance purposes, and may entail sending your data overseas.
• Government bodies and agencies in the U.K. and overseas (e.g. HMRC, The Information Commissioner’s Office, The Pensions Regulator). In some cases these agencies may need to transfer your information to other similar bodies, including those overseas.
• Courts, to comply with legal requirements and for the administration of justice.
• To protect the security or integrity of our business operations
• If we were to sell the business, restructure or enter into a merger with another business.
• In an emergency or to otherwise protect you or your vital interests.
• Anyone else where we have your consent or are required to do so by law.
Your personal data may be transferred outside the U.K. and European Economic Area. While some countries have adequate protections for personal data under their applicable laws, in other countries it will be necessary to take additional steps to provide appropriate safeguards. We will always use our best endeavours to secure your personal information, which may include imposing contractual obligations or requiring the recipient to subscribe to, or be certified with, an appropriate international framework of protection.
Retention of information
We will only retain any personal information for as long as it is necessary to support our legitimate interests, and to comply with legal, regulatory and statutory obligations. In the case of tax returns we will need to retain information for a minimum of 6 years after the end of the financial year in which any return is made. Some information pertaining to insurance and safeguarding matters may need to be retained indefinitely.
Your rights under the new law:
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives you a number of rights including:
• The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
• The right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or to have incomplete data completed
• The right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data
• The right to have your data erased or forgotten (see retention of information above)
• The right to request access to any information we hold about you.
• The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which has the power to investigate and enforce compliance with data protection law. To find out more about your rights with regard to data protection please go to www.ico.org.uk
Atkin & Son Window Cleaning Contractors & Support Services Contact Details:
2 Wharfedale Drive
Tel: 0843 289 9391